Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

We are lucky i got a picture they were going fast!
When my son first woke up this morning he asked, “It looks like rain does that mean you are going to bake cookies?” Living in Southern California it doesn’t often look like rain, so when it does, we bake. Today I am making my chocolate chip cookies. I wrote out the recipe in the order I throw the ingredients together in the mixer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and let’s get going!
Ingredients:
·         2 sticks of butter
·        ¾ cup sugar
o   Turn the mixer on low to start creaming the butter and sugar. Once it looks well incorporated, keep adding the rest of the ingredients.
·         ¾ cup packed brown sugar
·         1 tsp vanilla extract (life is too short to use imitation – get the real stuff)
·         2 eggs
·         1 tsp baking soda
·         1 tsp salt
·         2 Tbls ground flaxseed (this gives the cookies a nice nutty taste)
·         2 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour
o   Add the flour slowly so it doesn’t go all over the kitchen, think half a cup at a time
·         12 oz of semi -sweet chocolate chips

I use a small ice cream scoop with a spring release, it holds about a tablespoon of cookie dough. Scoop them onto an ungreased cookies sheet and pop them into the oven. Sorry there are not more pictures but I had 4 kids helping me. Bake for about 10 minutes or until they look like you want to eat them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment