Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Cracker Fish

Well, it is 5 p.m. and the day has gotten away from me. As I was rummaging through the freezer, I was happy to see three pieces of frozen tilapia. I love having Costco’s fish on-hand for moments like this. It is all individually vacuum sealed and perfectly portioned. I pulled out the frozen fish, and to quick thaw it, submerged it in some cool water for about 15 min.

So while my fish is thawing, I prepared the breading. I used eight saltine crackers. Now, these crackers were not normal crackers! I had made what I call crazy good crackers a couple weeks ago. crazy-goodcrackers Crush the crackers with 2 tbls of parmesan cheese. I let my 10 year old do this part, he crushed them with the potato masher - worked great!

 Cracker Crumbs


In another bowl get an egg wash ready by mixing one egg with a splash of water.
Ok so my fish is thawed, egg wash is ready, and crackers are crushed – time to get cooking. Heat up an iron skillet with a tbls of olive oil. You are going to notice I use my iron skillets for almost everything! I like a low med heat for this dish. Dip the fish in the egg then, gently press the fish into the crackers and coat as well as possible. Then, it is into the frying pan.


 Let them cook about 5-8 minutes on each side. I like to turn them when they look like this.

Looking good



I served the fish with some asparagus I just sautéed in the skillet.


A quick yummy weeknight dinner! I got so excited to eat I forgot to take a picture of my plate - next time .

No comments:

Post a Comment